Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The best and worst of Lionel Messi

Some may have noticed someone conspicuously absent from my last post about the best players in the world. That person would be the recipient of my vote for best player in the world, Lionel Messi of Argentina who currently plays for one of the best teams in the world in FC Barcelona. He has been battling with Ronaldo for most goals in arguably the most difficult league.

To the left we have Messi during his long hair period. While I have often been a supporter of long hair on this blog, Messi is a perfect example of why it is not for everybody. For Messi he needed to realize that just because everyone else was doing it, didn't mean he had to too. He was an unfortunate product of his environment.

Below we have the much more clean cut Lionel Messi. After becoming one of the most popular players in all of sports its easy to understand why he wanted to give himself a much more marketable look. Hopefully Messi can be ok with the fact that he can't grow out some sweet flow and be content with looking like almost every other guy around.

2 comments:

  1. Hey John,
    I enjoyed all the weird and wonderful hair styles. I'm not seeing much connection to the class, alas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I related my posts to both Putnam and Campbell in my posts on Valbuena and Kaka, Iniesta and Rooney, and Ibrahimovic vs. Drogba. I spoke of Kaka using his increased media image to alter his marketability. Also, in the other two posts, of whether or not the other players were affected by Campbell's theory that people value their self-worth through society's angle.

    ReplyDelete